I am sorely tempted to buy an xBox 360.
After the jump, the for-and-against. Fearless readers – leave a comment. Let me know what you think. Try and talk me down from the ledge of this rash purchase, or sneak up behind me and shove, hard.
- The PS3 won’t be released until November – and even when it is, it’ll be $1000.
- The Wii won’t be released until November either.
- Rockstar Games (rated M, contains coarse language, adult themes) presents Table Tennis. Think about that for a moment.
- Frogger! Frogger on xBox Live Arcade!
- I like the idea of xBox Live.
- Major Nelson doesn’t work for Sony.
- I’ve run out of component video inputs on the AV receiver.
- Will I be able to cart it over to Singapore? (To be fair, the answer to that one is ‘yes’.)
- Table Tennis, Test Drive Unlimited, Prey, Halo, DoA4… and… um… nope, that’s it.
- xBox Live is apparently populated by potty-mouthed 13-year-olds with microphones (rated MA, contains strong coarse language, adult themes, geek humour).
- Apparently they’re upgrading it to have an HDMI port – sometime soon.
- Who’d want an external HD-DVD drive? Seriously?
So that’s a few points for, and against. What do I do, fearless readers?